Welcome to the Church of Saint Brigid
St. Bridget's Church (as it was originally spelled) was founded in 1917 as the first Catholic church in West Hartford. The wooden church no longer stands; the brick building which is our current worship home replaced it in 1951.
From its beginning St. Brigid's (as it became legally known in 1960) welcomed worshippers from four different parishes to make up its own. Today it still welcomes parishioners from all over West Hartford and beyond to the warm interior and friendly Masses.
A capital campaign led to the building of our lovely brick church, along with its school and a convent which originally staffed it on Mayflower Street. The Sisters of the Cross and Passion moved into the building at 104 Mayflower Street which now houses St. Agnes Home (a residential home for pregnant and parenting adolescents and their infants) in August of 1960. In September of that same year, St. Brigid's school opened with four classrooms. The school continued to add rooms until a full curriculum was reached in 1966. For a short time the school taught students up to grade 9. It now proudly houses Pre-K through Grade 8 and an active school and CCD community.
St Brigid Parish welcomes you to our vibrant, active congregation. Come worship with us, stay for coffee & donuts after our 11:00 am Mass, join one of our groups and make St. Brigid your parish home.
Upcoming parish events
Jul 19 2018 K of C Assembly Meeting
Aug 7 2018 Meat Loaves due to the House of Bread
Aug 9 2018 McGivney Mass/Installation of Officers
Aug 11 2018 K of C Stand Down Collection
Aug 15 2018 The Assumption of Mary--Holy Day of ObligatonMass Times at St. Gianna's 3 Churches will be as follows: St. Mark the Evangelist: Vigil 7:00 pm and 9:00 am St. Brigid: 8:30 am and 7:00 pm St. Helena: 9:00 am and 7:00 pm There will be no Mass at the St. Brigid-St. Augustine Partnership School